This is the first in a series of business tips on ways that you as a private practice business owner can overcome the business challenges that you face and unlock your business growth this year.
Create a plan for your business, and you will experience growth in your practice this year! It is that simple. This is one of the most powerful things you can do. When you don’t have a business plan, your business is in fact on hold, and it is the number one reason that businesses fail.
Many of you think business planning is too hard, too time consuming, and too distant from the day-to-day realities of running your clinic.
Nothing, in fact, could be further from the truth. The value of a plan is that it forces you to think through how you are going to generate revenues and grow your practice. The result is a concrete way to keep a focus on what is truly the most important thing to you as the owner of a physical therapy clinic — getting more clients.
If it isn’t complicated, what is it?
Think about a plan as your blueprint to success — a big to-do list.
Think about a business plan as your vision of the overall course and direction of your clinic. A business plan describes the coordinated and systematic way you plan to achieve your vision.
Simply put, a business plan spells out….
· What you want your clinic to be in 5 years, that is, your ultimate vision for your clinic, or the success you dream of.
· Why your clinic exists, its purpose and reason for being, that is, your mission.
· What must be in place for your clinic to reach the level of success you envision or want.
· What you want your business to accomplish this year.
· What you will do in the next 90 days to help you achieve your annual goals.